*** Next Race ***
Sat 16th Sep @ 10.30am
NEW FOR 2023 – Women only edition of our popular 5K race, full UKA licence
Save Time Sign Up Online below
- NEW FOR 2023 – Women only edition of our popular 5K race, full UKA licence and will count towards the required five races (normally six) for the overall series.
- Knowsley Harriers AC have been putting on a free 5k monthly race since 2011. The aim is to give runners of all abilities the opportunity to test themselves over the 5k distance in a fully licensed race over an accurately measured course. The race is held over a fast, flat, all tarmac surface with PB potential.
- We offer parking, baggage storage, toilets, indoor registration, and online results. The race continues to receive praise for its fast course, organisation and friendliness.
- In 2023, we have decided to use the 5k race series to raise both funds & awareness of James’ Place for the good work it does.
- Each year, we also look at all 12 monthly races (10 in 2023) to determine the top three male and female runners, as well as winners for each age category. Runners must have competed in at least five* races, and their finishing positions will count towards the overall points, i.e. for every runner their five* best finishing positions will count. Awards are presented to all winners generally at the February race of the following year. But it is not all about the competition, most of our runner take part for fun or the challenge of completing a 5k. *Due to reduced races of 10 races plus the women’s race this year, the required minimum races to win the series or age category has been reduced from six to five.
- The James’ Place Halewood 5k is hosted on the first Saturday of each month at 10:30am. The start and finish for the 5k are near the Environment Centre in Halewood. Full address details can be found online by clicking here.
- Online registration now availble below. Sign up on the day available, register and race.
Make a Donation to James’ Place
We don’t make any charge for entry, but we would love it if you could make a donation big or small to the Walton Centre, you can do so on the day or online via our donations page.
Rules & Scoring
We have found a way that will reward ability, team strength and participation. Following the completion of the Grand Prix, we will award trophies to the top 3 individual male and female champions, the male and female team winners, and the male and female winners of each vet cat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is it?
The race is free! We suggest a £2 donation to our chosen charity.
Do I need to register beforehand?
No, turn up on the day and register in the Environment Centre.
Do I need to be in a club?
No, the Halewood 5k is open to all abilities, whether with a club or not.
What are the course records?
Male: 00:14:45, Johnny Mellor, Liverpool Harriers, 02/02/2013
Female: 00:16:28, Danielle Hodgkinson, Birchfield Harriers, 02/09/2017
The course is an out and back flat route down the Liverpool Loop Line from our the Environment Centre in Halewood.