Knowsley Harriers AC has a strong road running member base and to reflect this we operate an annual road running championship. In each race, every member will be given a score based upon their finishing position against other members of Knowsley Harriers AC.
As members will likely be pursuing their own individual goals in 2018 and we don’t want to risk over racing, the number of qualifying races will remain at 8.
- We are using a scoring system to make ‘all races equal’. The first member home will score 40 points, the second member receives 39 points, and so on.
- All members finishing will score at least 1 point.
- It is your best 8 out of the club championship races that count during the year. Due to risks of injury etc. we would not expect our members to participate in every race.
- When you enter a race, please use “Knowsley Harriers AC” as club name, this makes it easier to collate results after each race.
- Second claim members are not included in the club championship.
- The overall winners in the male and female categories plus Vet categories will be announced and awarded at the Christmas ceremony.
- Age categories are determined by age as of 1 January 2018.
- Members must have completed a minimum of 8 races to qualify for a category prize.
The road running championship races for 2018 are as follows:
- Hale Village 5 Mile Road Race – COMPLETED
– Sunday 1st April 2018
- St Helens 10 km – COMPLETED
– Sunday 14th April 2018 *
- Liverpool Spring 10 km – COMPLETED
– Sunday 6th May 2018 *
- Walton Park 5 Mile – COMPLETED
– Tuesday 8th May 2018 *
- Christleton 5 km – COMPLETED
– Friday 18th May 2018
- Liverpool Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon – COMPLETED
– Sunday 20th May 2018
- Birkenhead Park 5 Mile – COMPLETED
– Wednesday 6th June 2018 *
- Warrington Road Runners 10 km – COMPLETED
– Thursday 21st June 2018
- Penny Lane Striders 10 km – COMPLETED
– Sunday 24th June 2018 *
- Southport Half Marathon – COMPLETED
– Sunday 1st July 2018 *
- Tony Barnes Sefton Park 5 Mile – COMPLETED
– 11th July 2018 *
- Wirral Seaside 5 km – COMPLETED
– Wednesday 25th July 2018 *
- Ellesmere Port 5 km – COMPLETED
– Wednesday 15th August 2018
- Mid cheshire 5k – COMPLETED
– Thursday 23rd August 2018
- Halewood Sunflowers 5 km – COMPLETED
– Saturday 1st September 2018 *
- Knowsley parkrun – COMPLETED
– Saturday 22nd September 2018
- Knowsley Safari Park 10 Miler – COMPLETED
– Sunday 7th October 2018 *
- Beat the Reaper 10 km – COMPLETED
– Sunday 21st October 2018
- Time Trial Marathon
– Any official UKA licensed marathon. Best times for each member will be used to award points as in other races.
- * Denotes Merseyside AA Grand Prix Race
RESULTS: If your result is not listed, please contact us so that we can ensure it counts towards the championship