- The Knowsley Harriers AC have been putting on a free 5k monthly race since 2011. The aim is to give runners of all abilities the opportunity to test themselves over the 5k distance in a fully licensed race over an accurately measured course. The race is held over a fast, flat all tarmac surface with PB potential.
- We offer parking, baggage storage, toilets, indoor registration, and online results. The race continues to receive praise for its fast course, organisation and friendliness.
- In 2019 we have decided to use the 5k race series to raise both funds & awareness of Willowbrook Hospice for the good work it does.
- Each year, we also look at all 12 monthly races to determine the top three male and female runners, as well as winners for each age category. Runners must have competed in at least six races, and their finishing positions will count towards the overall points, i.e. for every runner their 6 best finishing positions will count. Awards are presented to all winners generally at the February race of the following year. But it is not all about the competition, most of our runner take part for fun or the challenge of completing a 5k.
- The Willowbrook Halewood 5k is hosted on the first Saturday of each month at 10:30am, the start and finish for the 5k is near our club house in Halewood full address details can be found online by clicking here
- There is no pre-entry. Just turn up, register and race.
Make a Donation to Willowbrook Hospice
We don’t make any charge for entry, but we would love it if you could make a donation big or small to Sunflowers Liverpool Cancer Care Centre, you can do so on the day or online via our donations page .
Rules & Scoring
We have found a way that will reward ability, team strength & participation. Following the completion of the Grand Prix we will award trophies to the top 3 individual male & female champions, the male and female team winners, and the male and female winner of each vet cat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is it?
The race is free! We suggest a £2 donation to our chosen charity.
Do I need to register beforehand?
No, turn up on the day and register in the clubhouse.
Do I need to be in a club?
No, the Willowbrook Halewood 5k is open to all abilities, whether with a club or not.
The course is an out and back flat route down the Liverpool Loop Line from our Halewood HQ. This provides a fast traffic free route with marshals and a lead bike.